Desert & Delta
Only two spots left
Photo tour Botswana
This diversified photo tour Botswana is packed with the highlights of Botswana and takes you to the three most beautiful game viewing regions of the African country. Botswana lies in the heart of southern Africa and is bordered by Zimbabwe, South Africa and Namibia. The economic and political stability distinguishes the country from most states in Africa. In addition, Botswana has taken a special approach to tourism and limits the number of visitors in order to protect the beauty of nature and wildlife. Thanks to this exclusivity, in Botswana you can experience the fascinating wildlife in its natural habitat like in no other country and without crowds.
The onset of the rainy season will provide you with spectacular wildlife encounters on this unique journey. In the Okavango Delta and Chobe National Park, the animals congregate at the remaining waterholes and fantastic scenarios occurs. In the Kalahari, the first raindrops revive the parched land and attract wildlife. You can capture all these observations with your camera on this trip.
Our luxury lodges are ideally situated for game drives on land and water. You will travel by jeep, on foot, or by motorboat. You will also photograph the animals from underground bunkers/hides at waterholes. With this varied programme, you are sure to return from Botswana with spectacular photos and memories.
During the photo tour Botswana, you will be hosted by renowned wildlife photographer James Gifford. James has lived in Botswana for years and has an excellent knowledge of the parks and wildlife.
The photo safari is exclusively limited to only 4 guests. Don’t miss out on this varied and unforgettable 10-day trip.
Photographic Highlights of the Botswana Photo Tour
- With the Okavango Delta, the Chobe National Park and the Central Kalahari Game Reserve you will get to know the three most beautiful wildlife regions in Botswana.
- Our stay in different regions of Botswana gives you the best chance to intensively experience and photograph Botswana’s wildlife. Highlights of wildlife viewing are large herds of elephants, leopards, cheetahs and black-maned lions.
- The wide range of different game activities with the safari vehicle, the motorboat and hides guarantees unique photos “at eye level” with the animals.
- On this photo tour you will be accompanied by professional wildlife and nature photographer James Gifford. James has swapped his life in hectic London for life in the bush and has been living in Botswana for 15 years. Photography is his contribution to preserving the beauty of the world. He wants to use it to raise awareness of the importance of wildlife. James knows Botswana, its parks and the animals like no other. Learn to photograph like a pro and benefit from practical tips and tricks that James is always happy to share with you. (More details about James Gifford)
- You will stay in three luxurious lodges in unique locations.
- Only four guests, each participant has a guaranteed “window seat” in the safari vehicle.
Price & Services
2. – 11. November 2023
CHF 10’600.– | Price per person in a double room
CHF 10’990.- | Price per person in a singleroom (only limited number available)
Included in the price
Not included in the price
What our clients say
As always, excellently organized trip to the Kalahari with the guidance of Hannes Lochner. His knowledge of the Kalahari and photography gives even experienced wildlife photographers a final tip for a very special photo. Glad to travel at any time again with Hannes and Amazing Views.
This was our first trip with Amazing Views and I can only say that it was very well organized. Hannes Lochner is a great photographer and an extremely likeable person. He showed us "his Kalahari", which is so different from the usual safari destinations. Many thanks to Hannes and the Amazing Views team.
An excellently organised trip to the Kalahari with on-site support by the nature and wildlife photographer Hannes Lochner, who left no question unanswered and gave valuable tips on the respective camera model, the settings and the composition of the pictures. Pleasant accommodation, delicious food and time spent together rounded off the whole photo safari positively. Recommended for beginners as well as advanced photographers. Anytime again with Hannes Lochner and Amazing Views.
Day 1: Arrival to Kasane
Day 2-3: By boat in Chobe National Park
Day 4: Transfer to Okavango Delta
Day 5-6: On the road in Okavango Delta
Day 7: Transfer to the Central Kalahari Game Reserve
Day 8-9: Discover the Central Kalahari Game Reserve by jeep and on foot
Day 10: Back in civilization